Trying to reinstall...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Trying to reinstall...

Post by DM Rendyll »

Well...dunno if anyone is still around, but after my crash (wife and dogs knocking my computer off the shelf to smash on the floor) I tried to reinstall NWN. The problem I now have is the in-game resolution is too big for my screens. I have tried every trick I know, and trolled the 'net to find answers, but I'll be darned if I can find anyone having the same issue as I am. Laptop (Acer Aspire E5 571) running Windows 8.1. According to lots of people,this should work just fine, with some needing to run it in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode. I have changed every .ini value I could find for resolution and refresh rates and nothing changes. Installed without Compatibility Mode and with. Without CEP and with. Tried Critical Rebuild patch...all for naught. It's not crashing or glitching...just cannot fit the game onto my screens. Even single player is doing the same thing. I am open to suggestions. Using GOG's NWN Diamond Edition. Only other thing I can think of is installing from the original disk images as my laptop has no CD drive. I am stumped.
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to reinstall...

Post by driller »

NWN uses OpenGL, have you tried updating your video drive?

-driller
DM Rendyll wrote:Well...dunno if anyone is still around, but after my crash (wife and dogs knocking my computer off the shelf to smash on the floor) I tried to reinstall NWN. The problem I now have is the in-game resolution is too big for my screens. I have tried every trick I know, and trolled the 'net to find answers, but I'll be darned if I can find anyone having the same issue as I am. Laptop (Acer Aspire E5 571) running Windows 8.1. According to lots of people,this should work just fine, with some needing to run it in Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode. I have changed every .ini value I could find for resolution and refresh rates and nothing changes. Installed without Compatibility Mode and with. Without CEP and with. Tried Critical Rebuild patch...all for naught. It's not crashing or glitching...just cannot fit the game onto my screens. Even single player is doing the same thing. I am open to suggestions. Using GOG's NWN Diamond Edition. Only other thing I can think of is installing from the original disk images as my laptop has no CD drive. I am stumped.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Good to hear from you, Driller!

Yes, I have tried updating, and I supposedly have the latest drivers. 6 month old Acer Aspire laptop. E5 571
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Good to hear form you. When you edited the nwn.ini file, what resolution and refresh rate did you put in there?

-driller
DM Rendyll wrote:Good to hear from you, Driller!

Yes, I have tried updating, and I supposedly have the latest drivers. 6 month old Acer Aspire laptop. E5 571
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

I tried my desktop native resolution and refresh first, then I started trying random settings. Nothing made it work. It's like someone grabbed my viewable screen and moved it 1/3 of the way into the bottom right corner. Going to try the 5 disk install instead of the Diamond GOG version. Hopefully that fixes it.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Aaaand...now do you think I can find my NWN CD keys??? Argh! :oops:
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Nope...exact same issue with the old CD's.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Got it. Had my Windows display set at 125%

Now...are our characters still around? Do I need my old CD Keys to access them if they are? Do you have a copy of my old CD Keys?
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Mine and the wife's if you have the keys. Jaydaan...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Juts let me know the time and date when you tried to login and I will see the new keys and will tie them to your accounts.

-driller
DM Rendyll wrote:Got it. Had my Windows display set at 125%

Now...are our characters still around? Do I need my old CD Keys to access them if they are? Do you have a copy of my old CD Keys?
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Tried to log in last night. Late. Under Stihl'th Zartallis for me, and Jaydaan for the wife. Would also be Shay'na for her as well, I think...and Fay'the, Manx for me. Can't remember all my accounts.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Changed my CD keys...so I'm logging in now. Wife's are still the same.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Please try it now.

Thanks,
-driller
DM Rendyll wrote:Changed my CD keys...so I'm logging in now. Wife's are still the same.
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Mine is up and going. Thank you. However, I guess the wife and I were using the same key for the first game, and it says CD Key in use. I just changed hers so all three are different. If you could work your magic one more time, that would be great!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

She should be able to login now.

-driller
DM Rendyll wrote:Mine is up and going. Thank you. However, I guess the wife and I were using the same key for the first game, and it says CD Key in use. I just changed hers so all three are different. If you could work your magic one more time, that would be great!